HR policy goes to the heart of your employment rights and responsibilities – we commit significant time and energy to pressing for more generous, progressive arrangements while frequently resisting ill-considered proposals, hostile to members’ interests.
Key areas include :-
- Terms and Conditions of Service
- Restructure, Redeployment & Redundancy
- Attendance Management/Sickness
- Bullying, Harassment and Discrimination policy
- Performance Management
- Poor Performer Policy
- Maternity/Paternity/Parental & Adoption Leave
- Job Selection Process and Transfers
Recent years have seen consistently less favourable HR arrangements imposed from the Cabinet Office centrally but even so we have achieved victories, for example in forcing the replacement of the hateful ‘Forced Distribution’ Performance Management system in 2017. In other areas, we continue to fight for more humane and supportive approaches to sick absence and staff welfare and for greater transparency and fairness in job selection.
Currently our National HR Lead is Mark Gribbin.
Join the fight to keep your rights